Contaminated sediment services that our team provides include:
- Site investigation and characterization
- Remedial design and implementation
- Groundwater to surface water evaluation
- In-water construction oversight
- Source control assessment
- Insurance investigations and claims review
- Litigation and allocation support
- Waterfront property due diligence
- Permitting and regulatory support for navigational and remedial dredging projects
We have specialized expertise in designing sediment investigations where sediments have been impacted by a wide range of contaminants including metals, refined petroleum compounds, polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, pesticides, and polychlorinated biphenyls. We focus on providing the key information needed for decision-making, followed by development of cost-effective cleanup solutions. We are experienced in evaluating sediment cleanup technologies and providing cost estimate and design services. Our team is familiar with regulatory staff and programs and can provide effective permitting and regulatory support, following through with construction oversight and monitoring to ensure compliance, risk management, and cost containment.
We have worked with stakeholder groups, managing public involvement and participation to facilitate successful project completion. For sites involving multiple Potentially Responsible Parties, we provide private-party cost-recovery for environmental investigation and cleanup and for development of allocation programs. For projects involving environmental litigation, our experts partner with legal counsel to develop technical strategies and prepare technical briefs, expert opinions and reports, rebuttal opinions, expert witness testimony, and testimony as witness of fact for mediation and litigation.