Over the course of time, the equipment and techniques used for environmental dredging have evolved from those used for navigational dredging. The design and implementation of environmental dredging programs present numerous challenges that are unique to the field, and care must be taken when transferring experiences from the field of navigational dredging.
Effectively designing an environmental dredging project presents a number of important challenges, including:
- Selecting an appropriate removal technique
- Designing adequate resuspension controls
- Improving removal productivity while reducing negative impacts
- Managing contaminated water generated during removal
- Reducing disposal liabilities
- Achieving cost-effectiveness
Our team understands the capabilities of available removal techniques and possesses hands-on experience with many environmental dredging projects. This combination proves invaluable to clients in ensuring that environmental dredging projects are properly designed and executed.