Steffany is a bilingual geologist with over 6 years of experience conducting environmental assessments for municipal and private clients. Stefany's expertise includes Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, site characterizations, remediation activities, compliance, and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) natural disaster response. Site characterization and remediation projects have included soil, soil vapor, groundwater, stormwater, pore water, and indoor and outdoor air sampling and air-quality monitoring. Steffany has general knowledge of hazardous materials and petroleum product storage and handling practices including waste disposal; and has experience identifying key environmental features related to operations such as storage tanks, wastewater, and stormwater. Steffany is a GIT in the State of California and a Qualified Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Practitioner.
Professional Certifications and Registrations
- Geologist in Training (GIT)
- 40-Hour OSHA Health and Safety Training
- 8-Hour OSHA Health and Safety Refresher Certification
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control
- Qualified SWPPP Practitioner
- Geo-Seal Vapor Mitigation Systems Inspector
- Liquid Boot Vapor Mitigation Systems Inspector
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act Asbestos Inspector (AHERA)
Like many Geologists, Steffany is an avid sand and rock collector and has amassed more than 20 jars of sand from her travels across the United States and abroad. She enjoys camping with her partner and two dogs, off-roading in her Jeep, and gatherings with family and friends. Steffany dances in a danza Azteca group in Oakland and loves to honor her culture through dance, music, and food. In addition, Steffany is an advocate for BIPOC women in STEM and volunteers in the community for Scientific Adventures for Girls.